Search Perth Life and Food

Monday, March 8, 2010

V Burger Bar V stands for Velicous?

I heard about this place on Oday (university open day) receiving a pamphlet offering one dollar chips. A couple of months later ready to go to V burger I had lost the pamphlet unfortunately. However I was quite excited since it was a new burger joint.

The place itself is quite small but has a lot of windows so it feels quite open and also let's you take in the lovely atmosphere of Vic park ( Jamie and I saw a couple quarreling later on down the street).




Jamie's Crispy Crisp


The pricing of the burgers aren't to bad, the average burger there being ten dollars and you can grab chips and drinks for an extra five. I definitely suggest you invest in the chips because they are reaaaaallllly goood, undeniably some of the best chips I have had. The chips are almost as crunchy as a carrot also the chips didn't have that greasy feel you usually get. The onion rings are also delectable however not as good as the ones you can get at Jusbugers.



My V Teriyaki Chicken Burger
and Awesome chips

When my burger came out my dopamine levels went straight up (happy molecule in the brain). I had a chicken burger that had this really different wasabi mayo. Which I think could have been a little more subtle. The chicken was moist and the combination of the flavours in the burger worked really well. Jamie had the beef burger that had onion rings in it a definite winner just like my burger also having a good combination of flavours. The bread holding the burgers together is similar to that of a Turkish bread so it has that soft doughy spongey texture absorbs the flavours well.




Onion rings mmm

Probably the only complaint is that the structural integreity of my burger wasn't that great and my hand was covered in wasabi mayo or I might just be a very messy eater.

-------------------------

Food: 8
Service: 6
Atmosphere: 5

-------------------------

www.vburgerbar.com.au
12/910 Albany Hwy
East Victoria Park WA 6101
(08) 9355 3702

2 comments: