Search Perth Life and Food

Monday, May 7, 2012

Food Binge :)

So yeah just over a year since my last post.. so just to remind you all that I do have a food blog thought I would tell you about the food adventure I just had. But before the food adventure just a little story about why a gorged myself so hard today. Today was the weigh in for the biggest loser competition I had with my mates. Managed to lose 5% body fat over 6 months which somehow beat my friends. So it was time to indulge and what better place then Charcoal Chicken on Warton rd.


It deceivingly looks like I am being healthyish here, whats not in the photo are the fresh crispy golden chips or orgasmic rich creamy potato bake mmm. The Portuguese chicken at charcoal chicken rivals that of Nandoes with a caramelized charcoal crust of the outside and flavoursome meat on the inside. After this massive meal I did feel somewhat sick after having ate smaller portions for the past month. However I haven't had enough and for dinner went to the famous ToTo's Vietnamese restaurant in Vic park.

When I had arrived there was a line out the door and the place was jam packed full of Asians like one of those trains in China. However the aroma was amazing inside with all different asian flavours, it smelt a lot more complex then your average Asian restaurant. I had the crab flavoured pho whilst my friend had combination beef noodles. My soup had a lot of depth to it with crab flavours, soy sauce, and flavours from the meat, was really delectable. We were quite weary of the ribbed pieces of pork belly in the combination pho but it worked well with the broth. The broth had a slightly herbal taste to it but had strong beef flavours was really delicious.

Combination Pho

Crab flavoured noodle

For drinks we had a Toto special which had mainly Duran flavours but had slices of lychee and jackfruit. We also had the Vietnamese cendol which was one of the best cendols I have had.


So we were seriously full after that (however not as bad as after charcoal chicken) so we decided to go for a walk around vic park and perve on some of the new bars and restaurants down the road like The Precinct. I had to show my friend the epic deserts at the silver spoon! Here is what we had. 

White chocolate & burnt honey tart, saffron poached pears 

The honey jelly on the top of the cream layer is rich however slightly tart which cuts through the creaminess of the white chocolate tart. Every mouthful was heaven. 

Strawberry, hibiscus & rose geranium trifle, fairy floss

This desert made me feel like a little kid with the strawberry flavoured fairy floss. The rest of the desert was really creamy and each of the layers worked really well. The jelly at the bottom topped it off. And that is the end of my food binge :) going to hit the gym hard tomorrow.

1 comment: